FARMINGTON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
If you've been the victim of a car accident in Hartford, Connecticut, your life could be changed forever. With the help of a reputable Hartford car accident lawyer you can fight for the settlement you deserve–one that will allow you to redeem your lost wages and medical expenses while sustaining your ability to provide financially for your family. Our proven auto accident attorneys can examine all details of your case and utilize every available resource in order to help you win your case and maximize the value of your compensatory settlement. We are experienced attorneys for car accidents in Connecticut.
An experienced Farrmington, CT auto accident lawyer is equipped to handle auto-related injury claims and is ready and willing to help you during what is surely a time of great stress and turmoil.
The attorney and professional staff at our firm will examine every aspect of the incident as they build the strongest possible claim. That care and dedication is your best chance for receiving damages, either through a settlement or an award of damages by a judge or jury. Those damages can include compensation for any harms and losses you have suffered, lost wages, and sky-rocketing bills. Contact our Farmington, CT law offices today for a free initial case consultation with one of our Hartford, CT auto accident lawyers to learn more about your specific options.
Different kinds of car accidents are more or less likely to inflict serious injuries on the victims. The Law Offices of James F. Aspell, P.C. has experience handling many types of accidents, including:
- Rear End Collisions
- Side Impact Collisions
- Roll Over Accidents
- Head On Collisions
- Inattentive Drivers causing Car Accidents
- Car Accidents and Crashes Involving The Elderly
- High Speed Impacts
- Collisions with Bridge Abutments
- Failure to Yield
- Texting While Driving
- Crashes on Icy Roads
- Cellphone Use While Driving
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- 18 Wheeler crashes and other Accidents Involving Large Trucks
- Car Crashes While on the Job
Furthermore, car accidents can be caused by a number of different driving behavior. Particularly dangerous behavior that frequently results in accidents.
These accidents often result in property damage, but more importantly, they can cause personal injury from the force of collisions (e.g., whiplash or even death) . Contact a Farmington, CT car accident attorney today to help you get compensation for your injuries. Our firm also handles claims involving other kinds of motor vehicle accidents. Here are some car accidents that may be treated differently from typical car accident cases:
- Rent A Car Accidents
- taxi Accidents
- Uber and Lyft
- Tow Truck Accidents
- Teen Driver Accidents
Predicting the Settlement Value in a Hartford, Connecticut Car Accident Lawsuit
Even for an experienced car accident lawyer, it's very difficult to predict an approximate settlement value for a specific auto accident lawsuit because so many factors are at play, including the severity of the accident and the resulting injuries, whether these injuries are permanent and/or significantly life-altering, the makeup of the jury, the perceived distribution of fault in the incident and much more. By speaking to a qualified auto injury attorney you'll be able to receive a rough estimate of what your settlement value could look like, though your actual settlement could differ greatly from this estimate due to factors that occur while the lawsuit is ongoing.
Factors that Influence the Value of a Hartford Car Accident Settlement
If your car accident case reaches a trial, both the outcome of the lawsuit and the monetary value of the settlement you receive will be determined by a jury of your peers. The jury will look at a wide variety of factors when determining both of these, including but not limited to the following:
- The overall strength of your liability case
- Their perception of your credibility
- Their perception of the defendant's credibility
- Whether the accident was avoidable by either you or the defendant, and who was ultimately at fault in the crash
- The severity of the car accident
- The severity of your injuries, particularly if they are permanent
- The condition of the vehicle(s) before and after the accident
- Any arguments that could be brought up by the defendant's attorney
- The arguments your attorney could use to refute the aforementioned arguments
- Whether any witnesses observed the car crash as it happened
- The perceived credibility of those witnesses
- Any pain and suffering you endured and continue to endure resulting from the crash
- Any loss of companionship you endured as a result of the accident
Your Connecticut car accident lawyer will be responsible for investigating each of these factors in order to build a strong case to present to the jury. His goal will be to present these factors to the jury in a way that influences them to increase the value of your settlement, using any legal means available.
The Role of the Insurance Company in Determining Your Settlement Value
Before your case reaches a trial, and probably shortly after your accident, you will likely receive a call from the defendant's insurance company offering you an initial settlement value. By refusing this offer and hiring a Farmington, CT auto accident attorney to work on your case, the insurance company will continually increase its offer, hoping that you'll settle before a trial. Some of the factors that the insurance company will look at when determining each settlement offer include the following:
- The specific location of the accident
- Medical records confirming your injuries
- The severity of the accident
- Lost wages and future lost wages resulting from your injuries
- Whether your lawyer has a history of refusing early settlement offers and bringing cases to trial (this increases the value)
It's important to note that insurance companies typically do not take pain and suffering into account when determining pre-trial settlement offers, since these factors are usually quite subjective. In most cases, insurance companies use software as opposed to actual human logic to calculate these factors, which is why subjective factors are difficult to weigh. This is where it truly pays to have an experienced Hartford CT car accident lawyer who will explain your pain and suffering to a jury in a way that they can understand and sympathize with. We are Lawyers for car accidents in Hartford.