What Do I Do If I'm Injured in A Car Accident in Hartford, CT?
After a car accident, the top concern should always be the well-being and safety of everyone involved. It is crucial to prioritize seeking immediate medical attention following a collision. If you've been the victim of a car accident in Connecticut, your life could be changed forever. With the help of a reputable Hartford car accident lawyer you can fight for the settlement you deserve–one that will allow you to redeem your lost wages and medical expenses while sustaining your ability to provide financially for your family. We understand that you are searching for the best car accident lawyer in Connecticut. We know you are looking for the best car crash lawyer in Connecticut. Our proven auto accident attorneys can examine all details of your case and utilize every available resource in order to help you win your case and maximize the value of your compensatory settlement. Jim Aspell and his team of Hartford accident trial lawyers are experienced in winning personal injury cases involving severe auto accidents, drunk driving, hit and run accidents, uninsured motorists, and more . We are experienced attorneys for car accidents in Bristol, Connecticut.
An experienced Hartford, CT auto accident lawyer is equipped to handle auto-related injury claims and is ready and willing to help you during what is surely a time of great stress and turmoil.
The Connecticut traffic accident lawyers and professional staff at our firm will examine every aspect of the incident as they build the strongest possible claim. That care and dedication is your best chance for receiving damages, either through a settlement or an award of damages by a judge or jury. Those damages can include compensation for any harms and losses you have suffered, lost wages, and sky-rocketing bills. Contact our Hartford area accident law offices today for a free initial case consultation with our Hartford, CT auto accident lawyers to learn more about your specific options.
Different kinds of car accidents are more or less likely to inflict serious injuries on the victims. The Law Offices of James F. Aspell, P.C. has experience handling many types of accidents, including:
- Rear End Collisions
- Side Impact Collisions
- Roll Over Accidents
- Head On Collisions
- Inattentive Drivers causing Car Accidents
- Car Accidents and Crashes Involving The Elderly
- High Speed Impacts
- Collisions with Bridge Abutments
- Failure to Yield
- Texting While Driving
- Crashes on Icy Roads
- Cellphone Use While Driving
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- 18 Wheeler crashes and other Accidents Involving Large Trucks
- Car Crashes While on the Job
Furthermore, car accidents can be caused by a number of different driving behavior. Particularly dangerous behavior that frequently results in accidents.
These accidents often result in property damage, but more importantly, they can cause personal injury from the force of collisions (e.g., whiplash or even death) . Contact a Farmington, CT car accident attorney today to help you get compensation for your injuries. Our firm also handles claims involving other kinds of motor vehicle accidents. Here are some car accidents that may be treated differently from typical car accident cases:
- Rent A Car Accidents
- taxi Accidents
- Uber and Lyft
- Tow Truck Accidents
- Teen Driver Accidents
Predicting the Settlement Value in a Hartford, Connecticut Car Accident Lawsuit
Even for the best Hartford, Connecticut car accident lawyer, it's very difficult to predict an approximate settlement value for a specific auto accident lawsuit because so many factors are at play, including the severity of the accident and the resulting injuries, whether these injuries are permanent and/or significantly life-altering, the makeup of the jury, the perceived distribution of fault in the incident and much more. By speaking to a qualified auto injury attorney you'll be able to receive a rough estimate of what your settlement value could look like, though your actual settlement could differ greatly from this estimate due to factors that occur while the lawsuit is ongoing. If you have been in a car crash in Connecticut, an auto injury law can can help navigate you through the Ct car crash claims process. When a driver breaks the rules of the road and injures another person, they should be responsible for paying for their negligence. If you've been involved in a car accident, your case likely has difficult legal, insurance and damage issues that require a seasoned car accident attorney to resolve. James F. Aspell, P.C. can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. To get started on your recovery, call the Hartford injury lawyers at James F. Aspell, P.C. at (860) 523-8783 or complete our online contact form.
What Factors Influence the Value of a Hartford Car Accident Settlement?
If your car accident case reaches a trial, both the outcome of the lawsuit and the monetary value of the settlement you receive will be determined by a jury of your peers. The jury will look at a wide variety of factors when determining both of these, including but not limited to the following:
- The overall strength of your liability case
- Their perception of your credibility
- Their perception of the defendant's credibility
- Whether the accident was avoidable by either you or the defendant, and who was ultimately at fault in the crash
- The severity of the car accident
- The severity of your injuries, particularly if they are permanent
- The condition of the vehicle(s) before and after the accident
- Any arguments that could be brought up by the defendant's attorney
- The arguments your attorney could use to refute the aforementioned arguments
- Whether any witnesses observed the car crash as it happened
- The perceived credibility of those witnesses
- Any pain and suffering you endured and continue to endure resulting from the crash
- Any loss of companionship you endured as a result of the accident
Your Connecticut car accident lawyer will be responsible for investigating each of these factors in order to build a strong case to present to the jury. His goal will be to present these factors to the jury in a way that influences them to increase the value of your settlement, using any legal means available.
What Caused your Connecticut Car Accident?
Negligence is usually the main culprit in a car accident claim. Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Farmington, CT take on several different types of car accident claims, and use differing methods to collect evidence in each. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents – According to government statistics, there were many different types of car accidents, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents – While this will seem obvious, the more drivers there are on the road, the higher the chances are of you bring in an accident. The recession caused a reduction in traffic accidents because fewer people were driving. As the market has recovered, more jobs have become available and more people are driving than before, which has increased the number of accidents that Connecticut is now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting – Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to official statistics, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles – Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014,almost 100 ended in fatality with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types – Annually, there are hundreds of deaths caused by icy roads. . This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Following safe driving practices while on the road can help keep you safe from accidents. Your life and your family are more important than drinking and driving or responding to any text. Nothing is more important than driving safely and arriving where you need to go, alive. If you've been injured in a car accident in Hartford, New Britain, Farmington or Bristol, and your accident was caused due to negligent actions of another driver , call car crash lawyers in Hartford immediately for a free consultation. Our Lawyers will fight for your rights every step of the way.
When your injured in a car accident, the first step you should always take is going to a doctor to make sure you are ok. No matter how tough you may think you are, your injury could be life threatening. After you've seen to your medical care, speak with our car accident firm in Hartford to make sure that the other party is held fully liable, and that all of your bills and needs are taken care of.
Many people who are injured in car accidents pursue their car crash claims directly with insurance companies believing that they will be fairly compensated for their injuries and damages. In actuality, insurance companies attempt to get away with paying out as little as possible to car accident victims, often not covering all of the expenses acquired from the accident. Jim Aspell and his associates can protect you from insurance companies who will try and get you to settle for less! The Law offices of James F. Aspell, P.C. has the experience and resources necessary to handle your car accident claim, and our car accident lawyers will stand with you every step of the way.
Why Should I Get a Hartford Car Accident Lawyer?
When an auto accident occurs, extreme force can be put on the human body causing severe and potentially crippling injuries. In addition to medical bills, these injuries can have a number of financial, physical, and emotional consequences making it vital to take action right away.
While working with insurance may seem like a good idea at the time, it is important to remember that insurance companies are looking out for their own best interests and NOT yours. With this in mind, it is imperative to seek help from one of the best Hartford area car accident lawyers with James F. Aspell, P.C, to advocate on your behalf and ensure that insurance companies do not take advantage of you. We have been rated by Expertise as one of the best car accident lawyers in Connecticut.
People may think a car accident claim is straightforward. After all, insurance companies are supposed to be there to help everything move smoothly. Unfortunately, insurance companies may take advantage of unrepresented clients with their desires to come to a quick settlement, making it imperative to contact a Hartford auto accident attorney immediately.
At James F. Aspell, P.C. our attorneys are dedicated to helping the injured. We will drive to you if you cannot come to our office. To learn more and begin the injury claims process, schedule a free consultation with a highly reviewed Google reviewed personal injury law firm in Hartford, Ct. Call or contact now and we can begin working on your case.
Why Should I contact A Car Accident Lawyer Right Away?
It is important to speak with a Hartford car accident lawyer promptly after being involved in a car accident. Waiting too long to seek legal advice can potentially harm your case and rights as an injury victim. Here are the key situations when it is essential to consult with a car accident attorney in Hartford: 1. Minor accidents: Even if your car accident was minor, it is still recommended to discuss your case with an attorney. Non-life-threatening injuries resulting from a minor accident can still require medical treatment and impact your well-being. By seeking legal guidance, you can ensure that you receive appropriate compensation for your injuries and related expenses. 2. As a passenger: If you were injured while riding as a passenger in a vehicle, you are usually not at fault for the accident. However, the process of resolving your case might be more complex due to having to file claims with both drivers' insurance companies if they deny fault. Consulting with a car accident lawyer can help navigate these challenges and ensure you are fairly compensated. 3. Hit and run accidents: Hit and run accidents can be frustrating as you may not know the identity of the at-fault driver or which insurance company to pursue for compensation. Fortunately, in Connecticut, uninsured motorist coverage is required, which provides coverage in hit and run incidents. By working with a car accident attorney, you can explore your options for obtaining the financial compensation you deserve. 4. Partial fault: Connecticut follows the doctrine of modified comparative negligence, which means you can still recover damages as long as your level of negligence is less than 50% of the accident's cause. However, if you are found partially at fault, the amount of money you recover will be reduced proportionally. In such cases, it is crucial to have a car accident lawyer on your side who can help protect your rights and negotiate for fair compensation. 5. Catastrophic accidents: Catastrophic car accidents can result in life-threatening injuries, leaving victims and their families burdened with high medical expenses and lifelong challenges. If you or a loved one has been involved in a catastrophic car accident, it is essential to consult with a car accident lawyer who specializes in handling complex cases. They can help navigate the legal process, assess your damages, and fight for full and fair compensation. 6. Wrongful death claims: In tragic instances where car accidents result in the death of an innocent person, the victim's estate can pursue a wrongful death claim against the at-fault driver. This allows the family to seek financial compensation for their loss. Engaging a skilled car accident lawyer is crucial in navigating the complexities of wrongful death claims and ensuring the family's rights are protected. Remember, speaking with a Hartford car accident lawyer as soon as possible after the incident ensures that you have proper legal guidance throughout the process, protecting your rights and increasing your chances of receiving fair compensation for your injuries, expenses, and losses.
Do I Need a Lawyer For My Connecticut Car Accident Case?
Should I sue if I've been in a car accident?
The answer will directly depend upon your accident, the severity of your accident, the injuries you incurred, and whether or not the insurance company is working with you. Here are a few key points to consider before taking any car accident claim to court:
- Was anyone injured, or was the damage significant? – Any time an accident results in injuries of any kind, the loss of life, or severe property damage to your vehicle or other valuable property, you need a great car accident lawyer like the personal injury attorney at James f. Aspell, P.C. on your side. Your car accident lawyer has the resources and knowledge to adequately assess the true total value of your case – something individuals without car accident claim experience will not be able to do.
- Is the Insurance Company working with you? – If the insurance company is paying for all of your medical bills and also seeing to the replacement of your vehicle and any lost wages, then you may not need to pursue a car accident claim. If they are not working with you, and are trying to get you to settle for partial medical coverage, or are trying to put blame on your for the accident, then you may need a car accident attorney.
- Will your Injuries require long-term medical care? – If you are seriously injured, and your injury will require medication, lengthy rehabilitation, or other needs required to bring you back to full health, then you need an attorney to ensure you get all of the benefits you need in perpetuity.
- Is the other driver admitting to causing the accident? If the other driver refuses to admit they caused the accident, and is willing to fight you, then you absolutely need to speak to a car accident lawyer in Bristol, CT to protect your claim. If the other driver did admit responsibility, and they are cooperating, then you may not need a car accident lawyer.
If you are being taken care of, and all of your needs are being met chances are you can finish the claim by yourself without having to consult a lawyer. However, if you're hurt, and the insurance company is fighting you and the other driver is seeking a claim against you then you absolutely have to speak with one of our Car Accident Lawyers in Hartford as soon as possible.
How Does The Insurance Company Decide What My Connecticut Accident Case Will Settle For?
Before your case reaches a trial, and probably shortly after your accident, you will likely receive a call from the defendant's insurance company offering you an initial settlement value. By refusing this offer and hiring a Hartford, Connecticut auto accident attorney to work on your case, the insurance company will continually increase its offer, hoping that you'll settle before a trial. Some of the factors that the insurance company will look at when determining each settlement offer include the following:
- The specific location of the accident
- Medical records confirming your injuries
- The severity of the accident
- Lost wages and future lost wages resulting from your injuries
- Whether your lawyer has a history of refusing early settlement offers and bringing cases to trial (this increases the value)
It's important to note that insurance companies typically do not take pain and suffering into account when determining pre-trial settlement offers, since these factors are usually quite subjective. In most cases, insurance companies use software as opposed to actual human logic to calculate these factors, which is why subjective factors are difficult to weigh. This is where it truly pays to have an experienced Hartford CT car accident lawyer who will explain your pain and suffering to a jury in a way that they can understand and sympathize with. We are Lawyers for car accidents in Hartford.
At James F. Aspell, P.C., we make a promise to our clients to prioritize justice and their best interests. Our focus is solely on achieving the best possible outcome for you and your case. We understand that you are more than just a claim number to the insurance companies; to us, it's personal. You, our clients, are the reason we became lawyers in the first place. When you choose us, you can expect a team that puts you first. We are available to assist you 24/7, 365 days a year. Our commitment to communication means that we will always keep you informed, and if you reach out to us, you can expect a prompt response - we even treat you to lunch if we don't call you back the same day. We believe that an informed client is a happy client, and we're here to fight for you every step of the way. Over the past 30 years, we have fought tirelessly against Big Insurance and have recovered over $1 billion for our clients. We understand the physical and financial burden you face, which is why our goal is to provide you with a better tomorrow. No obstacle is too big for our seasoned attorneys, who have been carefully selected for their expertise. With experience both in and out of the courtroom, our attorneys pay close attention to detail and conduct in-depth investigations to identify crucial evidence for preparing your case. We have the knowledge, dedication, and passion it takes to win, and we genuinely love what we do. Not only do we have a team of skilled attorneys, but we also have a large war chest. Going to trial requires more than confidence and experience; it requires cutting-edge technology and substantial financial resources to support zealous representation. Many firms lack the willingness or financial stability to front the costs associated with maximizing your case. However, we are prepared to spend whatever it takes to ensure you receive every penny you deserve. Our mission at James Aspell is to make the law make sense to you. We understand that being injured and dealing with the aftermath can be overwhelming and confusing. That's why we're here to take the burden off your shoulders. We'll handle the work while you focus on your recovery. We want to be your rescue team, providing the help and guidance you need during this challenging time. One of the most significant aspects of our promise is that you only pay us if we win your case. We believe in putting your interests first, so there are no upfront costs or financial risks for you. Call (860) 523-8783 or reach out to us for a no-obligation case evaluation. Our attorneys are ready to evaluate your case, answer any questions you may have, and discuss the next steps towards obtaining the compensation you deserve. Your journey towards justice starts here with us at James Aspell.
Our Consultation is always free. Call us anytime at 860-523-8783.