Hartford Teen Driver Accident Lawyer
One of the main causes of death among teens in the U.S. is motor vehicle accidents . In 2011, approximately 2650 teens between ages 16-19 were killed in motor vehicle accidents and almost 292,000 teens were admitted to the emergency department for injuries suffered in motor vehicle accidents. This figure reveals that almost 7 teens between 16-19 years die of motor vehicle accidents every day in the U.S. If you were injured in a crash by a young driver, speak with a Bridgeport Teen Driver Accident Lawyer.
Factors Influencing Teen Driving Accidents
- Speeding is a main factor for teen accidents in the U.S. In the year 2012, among teen drivers between 15 and 20 years of age, it was found that 37% of them were speeding at the time of the accident.
- Another cause of accidents among teens is low use of seat belts. According to a study in 2013, it was found that only 55% of high school students wore seat belts when driving with someone else.
- Alcohol is another factor influencing teen accidents. In 2012, 23% of drivers aged 15 to 20 involved in fatal motor vehicle accidents admitted to drinking while driving.
- Distractions such as talking/texting on the phone, eating, drinking, or listening to music too loudly can also influence teen accidents.
- Wearing seat belts while driving can reduce serious injuries and even death in a motor vehicle accident.
- It is recommended that there should be proper law related to drinking for drivers under the age of 21.
- Teen drivers should be enrolled in the graduated licensing systems program to reduce the chance of accidents. A study revealed that graduated drivers licensing (GDL) programs reduce 38% to 40% of accidents among 16-year-old teen drivers.
Contact A Hartford Teen Driver Accident Attorney
If you or your loved one has been involved in a teen driving accident, then contact and speak to the car accident team at James F. Aspell, P.C. . They can help you seek relief for your injuries and losses.