Financial issues can cause a great deal of stress and anxiety if left to build up over time. By taking action through bankruptcy, you may be able to regain control of your finances and obtain the fresh start you deserve.
At The Law Offices of James F. Aspell, P.C , our experienced Ct bankruptcy lawyer has years of experience handling a range of bankruptcy matters for clients in Bristol, Plainville, New Britain and throughout the surrounding areas. We strive to help clients underskruptcy may be beneficial to them and explain other options clients may have for dealing with financial difficulties.
Below are some of the qualifications that an individual must meet in order to be able to consider bankruptcy as a viable option. For more information or to schedule a consultation, contact The Aspell Law Firm at 860-500-1414.
- You have taken an approved financial counseling course.
- To file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy:
- Your current income is above the median income in your county
- You live in the U.S. or own property here
- Your total unsecured debt is $250,000 or less
- Your total secured debt is $750,000 or less
- To file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy:
- Your current income is below the median income in your county
- Be a business owner, corporation or individual
- Have debt – there are no limits
- In either type of bankruptcy, you must take an approved debt management course to get a discharge from your bankruptcy.
- Pass the bankruptcy Means Test:
- Your current monthly income, minus your expenses, times by 60 equals your result
- More than 25% = $10,000 or more
- Less than 25% = $6,000 or less
There may be a range of other qualifications that apply to your individual financial situation. The best way to explore your options is to get in touch with a member of our office at The Law offices of James F. Aspell, P.C. and personally discuss the details of your situation.
To discuss your bankruptcy case or other financial concerns, please contact
us or by phone at 860-500-1414 and schedule your initial consultation. Payment plans are available.
All information shared with our firm is kept strictly confidential. Although the bankruptcy filing is a public record, it will not be listed in any publication.