CONNECTICUT WAREHOUSE WORKER INJURY LAWYER
Warehouses are large buildings generally used to store retail inventory, raw materials or other goods that require distribution. Over 750,000 Americans hold warehouse related jobs today. While warehouses provide a robust industry, they can also be dangerous to work in. They contain heavy machinery, dangerous equipment, toxic chemicals and product stacked high can create safety hazards. If you were injured while working in a warehouse, you deserve compensation for your injuries.
- Let our Connecticut workers’ comp attorney help you! Call our offices today at 860-523-8783
Common Warehouse Injuries
Below is a list of the most common types of warehouse accidents and injuries:
- Slip and fall injuries in warehouses are a common injury, in fact, they make up 25 percent of all workplace injury claims. Poorly lit conditions, steps, uneven ridges and slippery floors are often found on warehouse floors. To prevent injuries, employers should install adequate lighting and non-slip tape in areas that might become unsafe.
- Fires – Depending on the type of warehouse, there could be a variety of flammable material, fluids or gasses on hand that could start a fire. Employers should always check for exposed wires or other potential fire hazards regularly to prevent injuries due to fire.
- Forklift Accidents – Forklifts are used most often in warehouses as means to move large, heavy amounts of stock from one place to another. These machines are very useful, but warehouse employees should be certified and properly trained to handle them, misuse of these tools could result in serious injuries.
- Falling for Heights – To maximize space, warehouses often stack product so high, it requires ladders, forklifts or other machinery to get the product down from the shelves. Employees can fall from ladders while trying to reach stock and sprain, or break bones.
- Crush Injuries—Warehouses often have machinery designed to crush or break down cardboard and other recyclables. If you or someone you know was injured by one of these dangerous machines, you could be eligible for compensation.
Contact a Workers' Comp Lawyer Today!
Suffering an injury at work can be devastating. Not only are you in pain and suffering, but you also are losing your income while you heal. At The Law Offices of James F. Aspell, P.C. we have dedicated our practice to providing the Bristol, New Britain, Plainville and surrounding areas with the highest quality representation.