We are a Hartford area car accident law firm and we spend pour time fighting for those Connecticut residents who are injured as a result of the recklessness and negligence of others. Rear-end car accidents can be severe and life changing. These are some of the most common injuries we see in our Connecticut car accident practice.
The 5 Most Common Injuries in a Connecticut Rear End Collision
There can be a wide range of injuries from rear-end collisions. The most common are:
- Whiplash. Even when the crash is at low speeds, the sudden and unexpected impact doesn't give the victim time to brace. As a result, your neck may extend beyond its regular range of motion. Soft tissues become sprained, or even torn, causing injuries that may last over a year.
- Spine and Back Injuries. Spinal injuries are some of the most serious rear-end accident-related injuries. Just like whiplash, spine and back injuries result from the victim not being able to brace their body before the collision.
The force can compress the spine and put pressure on the vertebrae causing soreness, intense lower back pain, and worse. Victims are left with long-term injuries that affect a person's quality of life.
- Head and Brain Injuries. If the airbag deploys from the collision, it can result in concussion, bruises, broken bones, and even burns to the face or scalp. Serious traumatic brain injuries may take days or even weeks for the full effect to surface.
- Broken Ribs. The force of deployment of the airbag impacting the chest can lead to broken bones in the rib cage. The collarbone and shoulder can also be damaged when the body recoils against the seatbelt's shoulder harness.
- Wrist and Arm Injures. Typically, just before a rear-end accident occurs, the driver has their hands on the steering wheel. As the impact jerks the body, the hands, wrists, and arms are frequently injured.
These most common injuries focus on the driver of the car struck. In addition, passengers may suffer from wrist, arm, and facial injuries from being thrown inside the car. In some serious situation where brain or spinal injuries occur, partial or full paralysis may result.
Victims of a Connecticut car wreck accident involving a rear-end collision need a skilled attorney to properly navigate through the process to protect their rights. Experience counts. We have been in business since 2006 and Jim Aspell has been a practicing Connecticut injury attorney since 1987. We know our way to an insurance company's checkbook.
Farmington, Connecticut Car Accident Attorneys. We Help Victims.
The Attorneys at James F. Aspell, P.C. are knowledgeable and experienced in representing those who are victims of the negligence or carelessness of others.
Claims for victims of rear-end automobile accidents are often complex, involved, and frequently multidimensional.
Insurance companies rely on professional adjusters to negotiate and fight accident claims. In order to deal with these professionals, you need a skilled attorney to protect your rights. We know your rights and the applicable laws. We are your advocates. We are experts at negotiating with powerful insurance companies. Over 30 years of experience counts.
We make the legal process as stress free as possible. We focus on recovering compensation for you – while you focus on your physical and emotional recovery.
Call anytime at 860-500-1414 for a free consultation.